nTop Training: Shoe Design in nTop Platform
In this free online workshop, you will learn actionable design techniques that enable you to design the next-generation of shoes — for both high-performance and aesthetic purposes.
Through hands-on exercises, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the different latticing and texturing techniques available in nTop Platform. You will also learn how to create custom effects to achieve the perfect feel in a midsole.
Join and learn how to:
- Create custom surface textures and 3D foam-like structures using latticing & procedural methods
- Manipulate lattice unit cells to create unique visual effects for aesthetics or performance requirements
- Use a Field Driven Design approach to control the properties of lattices and textures at every point in space and create smooth transitions
- 10:00am – 10:30am Session 1: Intro to shoe design with nTop Platform
- 10:30am – 11:00am Session 2: Lattice texturing for outsole design
- 11:00am – 12:00pm Session 3: Procedural texturing for sidewall design
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm Session 4: Field-driven foam gradients for midsole design
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm Session 5: Conclusion + Live Q&A
Bonus — All eligible participants will receive a free trial license of nTop Platform.
Important — Registration closes on Friday, January 22 at 5pm ET / 2pm PT. Don’t forget to save your spot!
Samantha Kratky, Application Engineer II
Samantha is a mechanical engineer with a focus in product design from Lehigh University. She has worked in the additive manufacturing field with nTopology over the past 2 years as an Application Engineer.
Annika Norden, Customer Success Engineer
Annika is an engineer, designer, and creator, excited by any opportunity that brings these facets together. After studying Mechanical Engineering at the University of Michigan, she joined the Customer Success team at nTopology where she is able to collaborate and innovate everyday.